Zero tolerance policy
This Practice is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for both staff and patients. Our staff work here to care for others – being victims of violence is not part of their job.
This organisation fully supports NHS Scotland’s Zero Tolerance Campaign and any form of violence will not be tolerated.
The following behaviour is unacceptable and any person within the premises carrying out such acts could be subject to exclusion and criminal prosecution:
- Excessive noise such as loud or intrusive conversation or shouting.
- Threatening or abusive language involving swearing or offensive remarks.
- Racial or sexual comments.
- Abuse of alcohol or drugs within the premises.
- Drug dealing.
- Wilful damage to property.
- Threats of violence.
- Actual violence or assault.
All abuse will be reported to the Practice Manager who will keep a log of all incidents.
All physical abuse of any of our staff by our patients will be reported to the police. The patient will be removed immediately from our list.